- Who we are
- Where we work
- Youth services
- News and Media
- Ways to Help
The community of St. Gabriel's traces its antecedent to St. Mary's School in 1839 when it was established with St. Mary's Seminary at Armenian Street, Chennai. In 1906 the school was bifurcated and the Tamil section of the school, under the name St. Gabriel's began functioning under the Diocese of Madras (1839-1906), the Brothers of St. Patrick (1907-1911), the Mill Hill Fathers (1911-1917), the Jesuits (1917-1924) and the Brothers of St. Gabriel's (1924-1929) before finally the Salesians took over in 1929 till the present day.
The school is located adjacent to the three slums of Aasirvathapuram, Valluvar Nagar and BRM Garden in Broadway. Consequently, most students who attend our school hail from the lower-income category families.
Our Lady of Refuge
27, St. Xavier Street
Broadway Chennai - 600 108
(044) 4232 5371 House
(044) 4511 4234/2528 1555 Hr. Sec. School
(044) 4231 5371/2528 1809 Primary School
Youth Centre. Academic Ed: DB Primary & St. Gabriel’s Hr. Sec. Schools. Social Ministry: Don Bosco working men’s hostel-Evening Study Centre – Chaplaincies.