Jolarpettai

Jolarpettai

History of the House

The parish of Our Lady of Victories was born in 1840 and entrusted to the salesian care in 1930. Housing 382 families now the catholics are distributed over Jolarpet, Pudhur, Veppampet and Yellagiri Hills. With many educational institutes in the locality (2 B.Ed colleges, 2 Arts Colleges, 2 Polytechnics, 1 Engineering college & a  teacher training college), the parish the target group of the salesian apostolate remains the poor and backward class of the society. Dominated by the railway centred economy of the Jolarpet Junction, the locale is also popular for dependence on agriculture, manufacturing of beedi & incense sticks, carpentry work, dhobis, painters, masonry work, quarry work and leather tanning as well. The parish and its infrastructure owes its existence to Fr.Francis
Guezou sdb, the French missionary who was posted here as parish priest who helped to build it up and eventually went on to found and build the Yellagiri mission -culminating in his death.

 Activities And Sectors

The Salesian community at Our Lady of Victories Church caters to the faith formation of the faithful in the parish and education to the deserving children of the parish and the locality through the primary school and Higher Secondary school. Besides these, the boarding provides accommodation for the poor boys from
faraway places.

Parish Ministry: Substations. Academic Ed: DB Primary & Higher Secondary Schools - Evening Study Centres.

Our Lady of Victories Church
Jolarpettai 635 851
Vellore Dt

(04179) 241328 - House
(04179) 241688 - School

P Gnanapragasam Issac - Hm/Ap
P Ignatius Antony Clement - R/Pp
P Lourduraj Savari - A/Counsellor (School)/YMC

 

 

    Events