- Who we are
- Where we work
- Youth Services
- News and Media
- Ways to Help
Originally the idea germinated from the clarion call of our beloved Pope Francis, calling the young people of today as the ‘Now of God’, so listening the young is in turn listening God. Young from all walks of life, both catholic and non-Catholic young people voiced out the inspiration that they derived from Jesus Christ and the educative system of St. John Bosco.
The young spoke of their personal experience of FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE during this Covid19 pandemic. The 23 young people voiced out their inner thirst and the thrust to make a better world for them and for the rest of the world.
Their voices resembled as:
– voices of rural youth,
– voices of urban youth,
– voices of youth with crisis in faith,
– voices as psychological service providers,
– voices of coastal youth,
– voices of charity,
– voices of Eco-friendly youth,
– voices of differently abled youth,
– voices of transgender (LGBT),
– voices of weak and oppressed,
– voices of social conscious seeking youth,
– voices of youth entangled in family crisis,
– voices of truth and justice seekers
– voices of downtrodden and suppressed
– voices of food for all
– voices of change seekers
– voices of social change
– voices of migrant youth
– voices of humane respect and dignity;
It was indeed an enriching experience to both Salesians and all the young people who are benefitted out of it. A special moment to each and every member of the Salesian family to listen to the voice of our youth who are so much positive and full of hope towards, just and peaceful society.
Salesian Youth Ministry
Provinces of Chennai (INM) & Trichy (INT)
Tamil Nadu, India.